The following, oft-repeated passage, commonly referred to as “Daniel’s 70 weeks”, has been mistakenly interpreted by some to refer to the coming of the “antichrist” during the end-times, even though it specifically references The Messiah/Christ throughout, including events leading up to, during and after the life of Jesus.
If the passage is read properly, it is prophecy concerning Christ’s SEVEN-YEAR MISSION (God’s number of completeness is 7 NOT 3 ½), to preach the Gospel to the “House of Israel” and to the “House of Judah”, culminating in the crucifixion of Jesus on a WEDNESDAY.
9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in Everlasting Righteousness, AND TO SEAL UP THE VISION AND PROPHECY, and to anoint The Most Holy [as King].
9:25 Know therefore and understand, [that] from the going forth of the Commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto THE MESSIAH THE PRINCE [shall be] seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall MESSIAH be cut off, but not for himself (Matt. 15:24): and the people of THE PRINCE that shall come shall destroy the city and The Sanctuary; and the end thereof [shall be] with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
9:27 And HE shall confirm The Covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations He shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation (the “Lake of Hell-Fire”), and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
TABLE 1: The 490-year Timeline leading up to the Crucifixion of Jesus (from the time of the Command to rebuild, recorded in Ezra 7)
Terms Defined (for the prophecies fulfilled with Jesus):
- Seventy weeks = 70 x 7 “days” (each day for a year – Num. 14:34) = 490 years
- thy people = the true people Israel (Exod. 18:1)
- thy holy city = Jerusalem (1 kings 11:36)
- the transgression = the sin/crime/lawlessness (1 John 3:4) for which we fell under the curse (punishment clause) of The Law (Deut. 28:15-68)
- to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in Everlasting Righteousness = the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus (John 1:29)
- seal up the vision and prophecy = fulfill the Old Covenant prophecies about the coming of the Messiah (Christ) and His mission during the life of Jesus (Matt. 5:17, Luke 5:24)
- anoint The Most Holy [as King] = The Messiah/Christ (Luke 4:18-19, John 12:3, Acts 4:26-28)
- Commandment to restore and rebuild Jerusalem = God moving Artaxerxes, king of Persia, to grant Ezra’s request to restore and rebuild Jerusalem (Ezra 7:6)
- THE MESSIAH THE PRINCE = Prince Michael/Christ, the Anointed One (Ps. 2, Dan. 10:21, Dan. 12:1, Col. 1:15, Heb. 1:9, Rev. 12:7-11)
- seven weeks = 7 x 7 “days” = 49 years (Num. 14:34) and threescore and two weeks = 62 x 7 “days” = 434 years (Ezek. 4:6); 49 + 434 = 483 “days” (years)
- Messiah = Prince Michael/Christ = The Anointed One (Ps. 2, Heb. 1:9)
- cut-off = separated from His Brethren (Heb. 2:7-9)
- the Prince = Prince Michael/Christ (Dan. 10:21, Dan. 12:1-4, Rev. 5:1-5, Rev. 12:7-11)
- the people of the Prince = the people sent by the Prince to destroy the den of thieves (Luke 19:41-46)
- the city = Jerusalem
- the Sanctuary = the rebuilt (Herod’s) Temple, which was completely destroyed in 70 A.D., as Christ prophesied (Matt. 24:1-2)
- the end thereof [shall be] with a flood = the flood of Roman soldiers into Jerusalem in 70 A.D., when the city and Sanctuary were burned and destroyed
- desolations = grief, sadness, devastation, and ruin, as punishment for not keeping The Law and rejecting their rightful King (Deut. 27:26, 28:15-68, Matt. 2:1-2, 27:37)
- he = THE MESSIAH THE PRINCE (Dan. 10:21, Dan. 12:1, Heb. 1:9, Rev. 12:7-11)
- The Covenant = the NEW COVENANT (Jer. 31:31-33, Heb. 8:8-10, Heb. 9:14-15)
- many = the people Israel (Matt. 26:28, Heb. 9:28)
- one “week” = 7 YEARS (Num. 14:34, Ezek. 4:6)
- the midst of the week = WEDNESDAY, 21 April 34 A.D., the day Jesus was crucified (Lev. 23:5-7, Matt. 12:39-40, Luke 23:50-56, 24:1-3, John 19:31)
- the sacrifice = the Lamb of God (John 1:29)
- the oblation = the gift from God of His Son (John 3:16)
- abominations = the serving of other gods (e.g. church, state and “self”), as happens in every corporate fictional church, synagogue, mosque, temple, government facility and courtroom, etc. on Earth (Deut. 12:28-32, Rev. 2:20-23)
- make [it] desolate = that the Jews and Jerusalem shall bear no spiritual fruit and be spiritually desolate (Matt. 21:19, 23:37-24:2, 24:15)
- poured upon the desolate = when the “dead” shall be judged and consumed by The Fire (Rev. 20:12-15).
In 457 B.C., during the seventh year of the reign of Artaxerxes, king of Persia, Ezra, a ready scribe of The Law of God, went up with some of the children of Israel from Babylon to Jerusalem on the first day of the first month under the king’s command.
7:1 Now after these things, in the reign of Artaxerxes king of Persia, Ezra the son of Seraiah, the son of Azariah, the son of Hilkiah,
7:2 The son of Shallum, the son of Zadok, the son of Ahitub,
7:3 The son of Amariah, the son of Azariah, the son of Meraioth,
7:4 The son of Zerahiah, the son of Uzzi, the son of Bukki,
7:5 The son of Abishua, the son of Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the chief priest:
7:6 This Ezra went up from Babylon; and he [was] a ready scribe in The Law of Moses, which the “I AM” God of Israel had given: and the king granted him all his request, according to the hand of the “I AM” his God upon him.
7:7 And there went up [some] of the children of Israel, and of the priests, and the Levites, and the singers, and the porters, and the Nethinims, unto Jerusalem, in the seventh year of Artaxerxes the king.
7:8 And he came to Jerusalem in the fifth month, which [was] in the seventh year of the king.
7:9 For upon the first [day] of the first month began he to go up from Babylon, and on the first [day] of the fifth month came he to Jerusalem, according to the good hand of his God upon him.
7:10 For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek The Law of the “I AM”, and to do [it], and to teach in Israel Statutes and Judgments (Deut. 4:1-9).
For those who may mistakenly believe that the destruction of the Second Temple (Herod’s Temple) in 70 A.D. was the work of antichrist or some earthly prince directed by Satan, please read what the passage actually says and remember that it was by God’s COMMAND that both Solomon’s and Herod’s Temples were destroyed (Prov. 21:1), because both had become a place of business, instead of a place of worship, just as all earthly churches, synagogues, mosques and temples, etc. do (Matt. 6:24, Acts 7:48), which is why God prohibited the building of them (Matt. 6:5-6, Sura 9:107-110). Yet the Ashkenazi and Edomaean/Idumean counterfeit-Jews are also determined to defy Him, by wanting to build a Third Temple in Jerusalem.
God, through His Christ, said He would deliver Jerusalem and His House – which had become a den of thieves – into the hands of the people of His choosing: the Romans (Matt. 24:1-2, Mark 13:1-2, Luke 19:41-46, Luke 21:5-6, John 2:13-16); just as He had done with the First (Solomon’s) Temple. In c. 588 B.C., Solomon’s Temple was delivered into the hands of the Romans’ ancestors, the Babylonians, whom God had chosen for that task (see: Jer. 7:9-14, 30, 12:7, 19:15, 23:10-12, 26:4-12, 18, 32:27-36, 34:12-22) for the very same reason (Matt. 21:13): as a punishment, and to teach the world to NEVER TRUST ROME and their Babylonian mystery religion and never congregate in their churches. The Babylonians and the Romans are the same race of people, who crucified Jesus (The Sanctuary/Temple) and destroyed God’s House, twice (Sura 17:7). God had them destroy both Temples and yet the Zionist-Jews want to build a third one. Will they never learn?
Further confirmation of the timeline
Christ (the Truth – John 14:6) prophesied that between the crucifixion and resurrection, the body of Jesus would be buried in the heart of the earth for three days AND three nights.
12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and unfaithfull generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah:
12:40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Many mistakenly believe that Jesus died on a Friday, because we are told in the Gospel accounts that they had to get the body down before the Sabbath began (at sunset). What many do not realize is that there were TWO SABBATHS (Matt. 28:1) the week of the crucifixion. It obviously couldn’t have been a Friday, because even if we count both Friday night and Saturday night that’s only two nights.
The first Sabbath was a “high” Sabbath (or high holy day – please see Lev. 23:5-7), which marked the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread that follows Passover.
John 19:31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the Sabbath day, (for that Sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and [that] they might be taken away.
The second Sabbath was the weekly Sabbath, which took place on Saturday, the seventh day of the week, as always (beginning immediately after sunset on Friday and ending at sunset on Saturday).
By carefully examining what all four of the gospel accounts actually say about the Crucifixion and Resurrection, the picture becomes quite clear.
28:1 After the (two) Sabbaths, as it began to dawn toward the first [day] of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
28:2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
28:3 His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:
28:4 And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead [men].
28:5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
28:6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
Christ-Jesus was not there early on Sun-day (the first day of the week) because He had already risen on Saturday, the Sabbath Day/The Lord’s Day/seventh day of the week.
16:1 And when the (High) Sabbath was PAST, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the [mother] of James, and Salome, had BOUGHT sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.
16:2 And very early in the morning the first [day] of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.
16:3 And they said among themselves, Who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre?
16:4 And when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away: for it was very great.
16:5 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.
16:6 And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus the Nazarite, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.
16:7 But go your way, tell his disciples AND Peter that he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him, as he said unto you.
16:8 And they went out quickly, and fled from the sepulchre; for they trembled and were amazed: neither said they any thing to any [man]; for they were afraid.
Please note well that Mary Magdalene, and Mary the [mother] of James, and Salome, would not have known to buy sweet spices before the crucifixion, nor would they have been able to buy them on either the high Sabbath or the weekly Sabbath. Conducting commerce of any kind is strictly forbidden on the Sabbath (Exod. 20:8-11, Neh. 10:31, 13:15-21), i.e. there’s no buying or selling allowed.
As they had to hurry to bury the body of Jesus before the high Sabbath began (Mark 15:42-47), there wasn’t time to purchase spices afterwards, as the high Sabbath drew on. And yet very early on the first day of the week they came to the sepulchre, with spices THEY COULD ONLY HAVE BOUGHT AND PREPARED ON FRIDAY, the Day of Gathering/Assembly/Preparation for the weekly Sabbath (Sura 62:9), and the day in between the high Sabbath on Thursday and the weekly Sabbath on Saturday. The account in Luke confirms this as well.
23:44 And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.
23:45 And the sun was darkened, and the “Temple Veil” (to the “Holy of Holies”) was rent in the midst.
23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the Spirit.
23:47 Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying, Certainly this was a righteous man.
23:48 And all the people that came together to that sight, beholding the things which were done, smote their breasts, and returned.
23:49 And all his acquaintance, and the women that followed him from Galilee, stood afar off, beholding these things.
23:50 And, behold, [there was] a man named Joseph, a counsellor (and “Minister of Mines” – to the romans as well as the jews); [and he was] a good man, and a just (and was Jesus’ great-uncle):
23:51 (The same had not consented to the counsel and deed of them;) [he was] of Arimathaea, a city of the Jews: who also himself waited for the Kingdom of God.
23:52 This [man] went unto Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus.
23:53 And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid.
23:54 And that day was the preparation, and the Sabbath drew on.
23:55 And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.
23:56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments (which they bought on Friday, AFTER the High Sabbath); and rested the (weekly) Sabbath day according to the Commandment (Exod. 20:8, Deut. 5:14)
John 19:40-42, 20:1
19:40 Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury.
19:41 Now in the place where he was crucified there was a garden; and in the garden a new sepulchre, wherein was never man yet laid.
19:42 There laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews’ preparation [day]; for the sepulchre was nigh at hand.
20:1 The first [day] of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.
So as the sun set on Tuesday, and it became Wednesday evening that week, Jesus was celebrating the Passover with His Disciples. Jesus was then arrested in the early morning hours Wednesday, and crucified later that same day, from the sixth to the ninth hour, before being buried in the tomb of Joseph of Arimathaea before sunset Wednesday, when Wednesday turned into Thursday and the High Sabbath began.
This confirms the Wednesday crucifixion prophesied in Daniel 9:27, placing the high Sabbath on Thursday of that week.
The only plausible year in which the high Sabbath (that marks the beginning of the Feast of Unleavened Bread) fell on a Thursday, is in 34 A.D., when it fell on the 22nd of April. Thus the Passover that year would have been on Wednesday, the 21st of April, the day Jesus was crucified at the age of 40 years old (Exod. 16:35, Num. 32:13, Deut. 29:5).
According to the U.S. Naval Observatory (USNO) website, the ONLY viable year was 34 A.D., when the Passover date (14 Nisan) fell on Wednesday, the 21st of April. This date is found by using the formula for converting between Julian and Gregorian calendar dates on the USNO website.
Refer to this PDF, showing the conversion. Please note that the 22nd of March in 34 A.D. was on a Monday, which means that the 21st of April in 34 A.D. fell on a Wednesday, just as both dates do this calendar year, 2021.
The resurrection then occurred three days and three nights later (Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night) on the Sabbath day (Saturday). Remember, one day becomes the next at sunset (evening and then morning – Gen. 1:5), not at midnight.
For confirmation of the birth date of Jesus, as computed by Johannes Kepler in 1603, please see the following hyperlinked article: Glastonbury – Summerland.
How Daniel’s Prophecy Applies Today
As with many prophecies that find application in more than one time period, Daniel’s 70 weeks prophecy also describes events during THIS generation (from 1948 on), in addition to those which were previously fulfilled by Jesus.
Matthew 24:14-15, 32-34
24:14 And this gospel of “The KINGDOM” shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
24:15 When ye therefore shall see the Abomination of Desolation, spoken of by Daniel the Prophet (Dan. 11:31 – the third temple?), stand in the Holy Place (Mt. Moriah, Jerusalem), (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
24:32 Now learn a parable of the Fig tree (Jews); When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves (1948), ye know that Summer [is] nigh:
24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it (the end) is near, [even] at the doors.
24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
TABLE 2: The 483-day Timeline leading up to the Second Coming of Christ (see Ps. 102:15-23 and the “Fig tree” prophecy in Matt. 24:32-34).
Terms Defined (for the prophecies concerning the end-times):
- Seventy weeks = 70 x 7 days = 490 days
- thy people = the true people Israel (Gen. 12:2, Hos. 4:6), including the remnant of the “House of Judah” (Mic. 4:7, Zeph. 2:7)
- thy holy city = Jerusalem (1 kings 11:36)
- the transgression = the sin/crime/lawlessness (1 John 3:4), for which both the “House of Israel” and the “House of Judah” are going to be weakened, overcome and brought into slavery for AGAIN (Deut. 28:68, Dan. 12:7, Rev. 11:3-7)
- to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in Everlasting Righteousness = Judgment Day and The Fire, followed by the 1000 year reign of Christ (Mal. 4, John 5:22, 1 John 3:8, Rev. 20:4)
- seal up the vision and prophecy = fulfill all the prophecies about the Second Coming of the Messiah (Christ) and His mission (Isa. 43:9, Ezek. 37:15-25, Mark 13:10) in a new body (from Joseph-Ephraim – Gen. 49:10, 22-24), with a NEW NAME (Rev. 2:17, 3:12, 19:12), during THIS generation (1948-on – Matt. 12:39-40, 24:32-34), before He sheds the body He’s currently using and THE REAPING begins (Matt. 24:28-30, Rev. 1:7)
- anointThe Most Holy [as King] = The Messiah/Christ (Ezek. 21:26-27, Matt. 25:31, Luke 1:32, 1 Cor. 15:28, Php. 2:9-10, Heb. 1:9, Rev. 19:16)
- Commandment to restore and rebuild Jerusalem = given at the 22nd World Zionist Congress, in Basel, Switzerland from 9-25 December 1946 (Ps. 102:15-22)
- THE MESSIAH THE PRINCE = Prince Michael/Christ, the Anointed One (Ps. 2, Heb. 1:9, Dan. 10:21, Dan. 12:1, Col. 1:15, Rev. 12:7-11)
- seven weeks + threescore and two weeks = 69 weeks = 483 days
- shall Messiah be cut off (Deut. 33:16, Heb. 2:7-9), but not for himself (Matt. 15:24, 24:22)
- the people of the Prince = the “Eagles” (Matt. 24:28), aka the Heavenly Host (Matt. 13:41, Rev. 12:7), who will be seen with Christ coming in the “Clouds”, to reap the Earth
- the city = Jerusalem.
- the Sanctuary = the temples (1 Cor. 3:16-17) that have been washed clean by the blood of the Lamb (John 2:18-21, Rev. 7:14)
- the end thereof [shall be] with a flood = the flood of living water from His Mouth and the Mediterranean seawater into the “Dead” Sea, after an earthquake splits the Mt. of Olives in two (Zech. 14:4), and the flood of eagles/angels coming to reap the Earth
- desolations = weeping and gnashing of teeth for those who go into The Fire (Mal. 4, Rev. 20:12-15, Rev. 21:8)
- he = THE MESSIAH THE PRINCE (Dan. 10:21, Dan. 12:1, Heb. 1:9, Rev. 12:7-11)
- The Covenant = the NEW SONG (Isa. 42:10, Rev. 5:9, Rev. 14:1-4), which is the “Song of Moses” (Deut. 31:19-22) AND the “Song of the Lamb” (Rev. 15:3)
- many = the true people Israel (Matt. 26:28, Heb. 9:28, Rev. 7:4-9)
- one week = 7 DAYS
- the midst of the week = after 3 ½ “days”, each day for a year (Num. 14:34, Ezek. 4:6, Rev. 11:9)
- the sacrifice = the “Elect” learning to follow the Lamb (Rev. 14:4) and to sacrifice the “self” daily (Luke 9:23, Gal. 2:20)
- the oblation = the gift from God of His Son, during His Second Coming (John 3:16), to enlighten the world (Mal. 4:2, Matt. 24:27)
- abominations = the serving of other gods (church, state and “self” – all man-made institutions and corporate fictions), as happens in every church, synagogue, mosque, temple, etc. on Earth (Deut. 12:28-32, Rev. 2:20-23)
- make [it] desolate = Jerusalem.
- poured upon the desolate = when the “dead” shall be judged (Rev. 20:12-15) by Christ (John 5:22), every one according to their works (Matt. 16:27, Matt. 25:31-46)
Important notes regarding the 22nd World Zionist Congress
Where the Commandment went out to rebuild Jerusalem and the Jewish state in Israel.
The Congress approved the political program of the Zionist Organization “to establish a Jewish commonwealth integrated into the world democratic structure”.
Source: Zionist Congresses on enclopedia.com
JEWISH STATE IS “LOGICAL CLIMAX” TO BALFOUR DECLARATION
Believing as we do that our claim to establish a Jewish state is justified by the mandate and by the relative positions of the Arab world and ourselves, we cannot contemplate a solution that falls short of that claim…The first problem of our generation is absorption of a million and a quarter European survivors, the overwhelming majority of whom are desperately pressing against the gates of Palestine. Only the immediate establishment of a Jewish state offers the prospect of doing this.
Source: Full Text of Dr. Weizmann’s Keynote Address at 22nd World Zionist Congress on Jewish Telegraphic Agency (excerpt from Weizmann’s speech on 10 December 1946)
While the conference was on hold, the 22nd World Zionist Congress was held in Basle between 9 and 24 December 1946.
The congress described the Morrison-Grady plan as “a travesty of Britain’s obligations under the Mandate”, unacceptable as a basis for discussion, and confirmed that the Zionist Organization could not “in the existing circumstances” participate in the London conference.
The congress’s demands were:
(i) that Palestine be established as a Jewish commonwealth integrated in the structure of the democratic world;
(ii) that the gates of Palestine be opened to Jewish immigration;
(iii) that the Jewish Agency be vested with the control of immigration into Palestine and with the necessary authority for the upbuilding of the country.
Source: London Conference of 1946–1947 on Wikipedia
On the way to statehood
During World War II there were no Congresses. After the war ended, the 22nd Congress convened in 1946. It had to discuss an urgent matter: closing the gates of Palestine to Jewish immigrants. Jewish immigrants who survived the war could not come to Palestine, as Hitler had wanted in his agreement with the Zionists. The Congress discussed ways of struggle against the British and how to bring forward the establishment of a Jewish state.
Source: A look at the Congresses on World Zionist Organization Central Archives
ZIONISTS CONFUSED AS CONGRESS ENDS; Delegates Fail to Name New Executive – 24-Hour Sitting Marks Final Discussions
BASLE, Switzerland, Dec. 24 – Confusion and disappointment were evident among the delegates here this evening* as the Zionist Congress broke up after fourteen days of sessions without electing a new Zionist executive.
Source: ZIONISTS CONFUSED AS CONGRESS ENDS; Delegates Fail to Name New Executive – 24-Hour Sitting Marks Final Discussions (NY Times)
*i.e. after sunset (which was at 1642 on 24/12/1946), when the 24th became the 25th of December (Christmas day)
Important notes regarding 22 April 1948 (14 Nisan – the Passover), when The Lamb returned on the Passover, to gather, unite and teach the “House of Israel” and the “House of Judah” the New Song.
On April 22nd 1998 the BBC radio service broadcast the fact that the Jewish State in Israel was celebrating the 50th Anniversary of its founding on April 22nd 1948.
Since Christ wrote and published His article: “On The Way to Emmaus Again” online in 1997, the Zionist counterfeit-Jews (Rev. 2:9, 3:9) have been very busy memory-holing all references to the founding of the Jewish State in Israel on 22/4/1948, and replacing it with 14/5/1948, to try to prevent Christ, who, as prophesied is NOT Jewish, from being recognised, so that they can substitute their counterfeit-Jewish anti-Christ messiah.
1. The TIMES of London, reporting events of 22.4.48
“The existence of these refugees is a direct result of the Arab States’ opposition to the partition plan and the reconstitution of the State of Israel. The Arab states adopted this policy unanimously, and the responsibility of its results, therefore is theirs.”
Source: Arab-Israeli Conflict: A new era on Israel Science and Technology Directory
2. Arab Palestinians began leaving their towns and villages to escape the fighting. Notably, most of the Arab population of Haifa left in March and April of 1948, despite pleas by both Jewish and British officials to stay. When the last of the Arab Higher Committee left Haifa on April 22, 1948, their head told the Zionist officials, “We do not recognize you, and we shall return when you are gone.” The exodus of Arabs grew from a trickle to a torrent and resulted in a tragic refugee problem (see Palestine Nakba 1948).
Source: Zionism and Israel – Encyclopedic Dictionary – Israel War of Independence Definition
3. The Battle of Haifa, called by the Jewish forces Operation Bi’ur Hametz (Hebrew: מבצע ביעור חמץ, “Passover Cleaning”) was a Haganah operation carried out on 21–22 April 1948. The objective of the operation was the capture of the Arab neighborhoods of Haifa and was a major event in the final stages of the civil war in Palestine, leading up to the 1948 Arab-Israeli War.
Commenting on the use of ‘psychological warfare broadcasts’ and military tactics in Haifa, Benny Morris writes:
Throughout the Haganah made effective use of Arabic language broadcasts and loudspeaker vans. Haganah Radio announced that ‘the day of judgement had arrived’ and called on inhabitants to ‘kick out the foreign criminals’ and to ‘move away from every house and street, from every neighbourhood occupied by foreign criminals’… The orders of Carmeli’s 22nd Battalion were ‘to kill every [adult male] Arab encountered’ and to set alight with fire-bombs ‘all objectives that can be set alight. I am sending you posters in Arabic; disperse on route’.
Source: Battle of Haifa on Wikipedia
INTERESTING TO NOTE: the 22nd Battalion and the footnote  about the 22nd of April 1948, 69 weeks after the 22nd World Zionist Congress proclaimed their goal to establish the Jewish Israeli state in Palestine, in their first meeting after 7 years, WW2 and the holohoax. Also, the 14th of May is 22 days after the 22nd of April.
When their approach was rejected, they seceded from the ZO (1935) and established the New Zionist Organization. They returned to the ZO in 1946, explaining that this became possible after the Biltmore Program had proclaimed the establishment of a Jewish commonwealth in Palestine as the goal of Zionism.
From: Zionism: Revisionist Zionism on Jewish Virtual Library
4. UN Palestine Commission Document: Correspondence from UK Delegation concerning Position in Haifa:
UNITED NATIONS PALESTINE COMMISSION Communication Received from United Kingdom Delegation Concerning Position in Haifa – PDF
5. The “Haifa Turning Point”
The ‘Haifa Turning Point’: The British Administration and the Civil War in Palestine, December 1947-May 1948
On 14 May 1948, the mandate which had been awarded to Britain by the League of Nations to govern Palestine expired. (p.2)
…the critical turning point in the war was the overtaking of Haifa by the ‘Hagana’, which
occurred under the silent consent of the British at the end of April (20–22). In Haifa, everyone – Jews and Arabs – could see that the government was either unable or uninterested in getting involved. That point was the beginning of the Jewish side’s momentum. (p.3)
The condition for its execution was not the behaviour of the Palestinian Arabs but the departure of the British. (p.15)
The most significant event of the civil war took place not in Jerusalem or on the road to the city, nor in the Galilee but on its fringes, in Haifa. The special place occupied by Haifa in the British deployment in particular and in Palestine overall, the unprecedented Arab flight from the city after its capture by the Haganah, and what appeared to be close coordination
between the Administration and the Jewish leadership in the city transformed the events of 21–22 April in Haifa into a clear turning point of the war – a fact that was recognized even at the time. (p.19)
The opportunity was not created on 15 May; it had been there since the Haifa turning point of 22 April. (p.29).
This image is from 22 April 1948 The Jewish Western Bulletin, Vancouver, BC, Canada “Haganah Takes Haifa” and “Passover in this Year of Destiny 1948”. The 1948 Destiny Campaign was run by the United Jewish Appeal.
6. SUPPORT FOR ZIONISM
On the positive side, Zionism has been central to the paper without a pause for 70 years.
The actions of Zionist groups both locally and in Palestine were regularly covered, including celebrations of Theodor Herzl’s birthday and the minutiae of debates among local Zionist leaders.
The paper dutifully covered the debate over partition that led to the creation of the Jewish state, following the terrorism and political action in Palestine as Zionists clashed with the British Mandatory power.
On April 22, 1948, the paper appeared with an Israeli flag emblazoned across the front page, hailing the success of the Haganah at taking Arab positions after heavy fighting.
Source: Publisher’s welcome, Cynthia Ramsay (in 2017), Jewish Independent
7. The Abdi family’s original home was on what is now called Shivat Zion Street; nothing remains of that home today. His mother’s uncle, Abed el-Rahman el-Haj, was mayor of Haifa between 1920 and 1927. On April 22, 1948, when the city fell – to use Abdi’s term – nearly all its Palestinian inhabitants fled.
Source: Arab-Israeli in Haifa Uses Art to Help Palestinian Refugee Sister on Haaretz
8. Jews to Oppose Trusteeship by Force of Arms, NY Herald Tribune, Apr. 23, 1948.
LAKE SUCCESS. April 22 – While the United Nations continued today to struggle with the Palestine problem, the Jewish Agency for Palestine warned the U. N. once again THAT A JEWISH STATE WILL BE BORN ON MAY 16 and that the Jews of the Holy Land will oppose by force of arms the imposition of a trusteeship on Palestine.
Source: Jews to Oppose Trusteeship by Force of Arms, NY Herald Tribune, Apr. 23, 1948 on the Center for Online Judaic Studies
9. Truman Says He Can Send Troops to Palestine Without Congress, NY Herald Tribune, Apr. 23, 1948.
WASHINGTON April 22 – President Truman indicated today that he will invoke his authority as commander in chief of the armed forces to send troops to Palestine if the United Nations organizes an international police force for the task.
Source: Truman Says He Can Send Troops to Palestine Without Congress, NY Herald Tribune, Apr. 23, 1948 on the Center for Online Judaic Studies
10. Austin Defends New U.S. Plan for Palestine, NY Herald Tribune, Apr. 23, 1948.
Ambassador Warren R. Austin, head of the United States delegation to the United Nations, said yesterday that the proposed truce for Palestine was designed to prevent anarchy after May 15, when the British give up mandatory power, and insisted that the trusteeship policy does not reflect on “the integrity of the word of the United States.”
Source: Austin Defends New U.S. Plan for Palestine, NY Herald Tribune, Apr. 23, 1948 on the Center for Online Judaic Studies
11. By 22 April the streets near the port were jammed with desperate people looking for refuge and safety.
Source: Haifa: planned death of a city – Palestine’s past remembered on Zochrot
12. More on Haifa:-
State of Israel
Further information: Declaration of Independence (Israel)
After the Declaration of the Establishment of the State of Israel on 14 May 1948, Haifa became the gateway for Jewish immigration into Israel. During the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, the neighborhoods of Haifa were sometimes contested. After the war, Jewish immigrants were settled in new neighborhoods, among them Kiryat Hayim, Ramot Remez, Ramat Shaul, Kiryat Sprinzak, and Kiryat Eliezer. Bnei Zion Hospital (formerly Rothschild Hospital) and the Central Synagogue in Hadar Hacarmel date from this period. In 1953, a master plan was created for transportation and the future architectural layout.
Source: Haifa on Wikipedia
On 22 April 1948 after Haifa fell…
“In the meantime, a report was received from an Arab source that they have accepted our armistice terms.”
Source: Haifa, some History on Haifa-Israel Info
13. “Arab Palestinians left, fled or were expelled in large numbers, especially after Jewish forces took the major seaport of Haifa in April 1948.”
Source: Arab-Israeli War on Wikipedia
The major seaport of Haifa fell on 22 April 1948, which seems to be regarded as a key incident leading up to the formal announcement about 14 May 1948. The one article even said about the 22nd of April 1948 that “the day of judgment has arrived (John 5:22)”.
A couple more interesting notes on the origins of the name “Haifa”:
The earliest named settlement within the domain of modern-day Haifa was a city known as Sycaminum. The Arabic Tell el-Semak (or Tell es-Samak, meaning “mound of the fish”) preserved and transformed this ancient name, with locals using it to refer to a coastal tell at the foot of the Carmel Mountains that contains its remains. In Hebrew, it is known as Tel Shiqmona or Shikmonah. Shiqmona is mentioned once in the Mishnah (composed c. 200 CE) for the wild fruits that grow around it.
Source: Haifa Etymology on Wikipedia
The Sycamine tree is mentioned only in Luke 17:6. It is rendered by Luther “mulberry tree”, which is most probably the correct rendering. It is found in two species, the black mulberry (Morus nigra) and the white mulberry (Morus alba), which are common in Palestine. It is in the same family as the fig-tree. Some contend, however, that this name denotes the sycamore fig of Luke 19:4.
Source: Sycamine on Wikipedia
A mound (hill) of fish (symbolizing Christ’s Teachings), and a tree of the fig-tree family, within the city where not only the key battle of the war for Israeli independence was fought, but where the gateway for Jewish migration to Israel was established.
When its Port was completed in 1933, Haifa became the new “Gateway to Israel”, allowing Haifa to flourish.
Source: Port of Haifa on Wikipedia
Late in 1948 Haifa’s population numbered 97,544, of whom 96% were Jews. At the end of 1950 there were 140,000 inhabitants; at the end of 1952, 150,600; at the end of 1955, 158,700; in 1961, 183,021; and at the end of 1967, 209,900.
Source: Haifa: History & Overview on Jewish Virtual Library
First Passover in the land of Israel
April 23, 1948: The Jews celebrated “Passover 3388” in the Promised Land and throughout the world. As they observed the Seder, they knew that a new nation, Israel was imminent.
Note: Passover is actually on the evening of 14 Nisan [NOT 15 Nisan (23 April 1948)] which, by the Jewish calendar in 1948, was on 22 April, See Lev. 23:5.
From a “Letter to Israel” by R. Dean Hubbard
Further confirmation of the 22 April 1948 date appeared in the Holy Spirit inspired daily devotional entitled “God at Eventide”, ISBN 9781846942730, first published in 1935. God Calling by Two Listeners
LIGHT COMES. – 1948 – April 22
“Lord, show me Thyself” is a cry that never goes unanswered.
Not to physical vision comes the awareness, but to spiritual insight, as more and more you realize My Love, My Power and the manifold wonders of My character.
Its Humility; its Majesty; its Tenderness; its Sternness; its Justice; its Mercy; its Healing of sore wounds, and its consuming Fire.
Man turns to books, he studies theology, he seeks from other men the answer to life’s riddles, but he does not come to Me.
Is there a problem?
Do not worry over its solution.
Seek Me. Live with Me. Talk to Me. Company with Me, daily, hourly. Lo, suddenly you see.
For those who may mistakenly feel they already know the correct interpretation of the prophecies commonly referred to as “Daniel’s 70 weeks”, you are wrong, and need only look further into the book of Daniel for confirmation of that fact.
Daniel was very clearly told that NONE except Prince Michael/Christ Himself held the correct interpretation (Dan. 10:21), before he was commanded by Prince Michael/Christ to seal the book until the end of time (Dan. 12:1-4), when He (Prince Michael/Christ) would break the seals and correctly explain it (Rev. 5:1-5).
Please think about that very carefully.
Final Note: There may be a third fulfillment of this prophecy in the near future, immediately preceding Judgment Day, when Prince Michael/Christ will shed the body He is currently using (Matt. 24:28-30) to complete His Mission and be seen coming in the “Clouds” with the “Eagles”, as The Commander of the heavenly host (James 5:4, Rev. 1:7, Rev. 12:7).